Many people take their pets with them on vacation, but those who travel for extended periods of time should be aware that it is necessary to prepare for the needs of their pets. For example, if your pet's diet consists mainly of dry food, you will need to bring enough to last for the duration of your vacation.
If you are leaving your pets at home, it is important to set up a system, so they can have access to fresh water and food. During your absence, make sure you have someone check on them every few hours or at least twice a day. If you have a dog, you will want to make sure they are spayed or neutered. This will prevent them from wreaking havoc in your home during your absence.
Your pet is your best friend. That's why you should take care of them before you go on vacation.
You're finally taking a trip for business or some relaxation. You can't wait to get out of the office and spend time with loved ones! As you prepare to leave, you may be tempted to forget about your pet. But before you go, there are a few things to consider to take care of your four-legged friend:
- The first step is to make sure they have enough food and water.
- Have a pet sitter visit as often as possible to make sure they do not feel abandoned and have their waste cleaned up.
- Your sitter will need to know your pets usual routine and try to maintain a familiar set of activities.
- Do you have a house sitter and will they help take care of your fur-baby? If so, do they know your pet's dietary requirements and can then monitor they behaviors for any clues that something might be wrong?
- Does your pet need medication? Does your pet sitter know how to administer the medications properly as not to cause any additional stress with your furry friend?
- Make sure your pet sitter has the contact information for your veterinarian in case something comes up that needs attention immediately.
When it comes to planning your next vacation, have you thought about any of the stresses that traveling with a pet might cause? There are many reasons not to take a pet away with you on vacation. One reason is the high cost of boarding your animal at a new and distant kennel. Another is the worry about your pet being properly cared for while you are away and the inconvenience and interruptions to your day.
Having your pet stay in the comfort of your home with proper care and activity may be best for a trip that is busy with a lot of activities scheduled. If you are visiting a pet-friendly area or resort to relax, your pet might not want to be a great addition to your stay even if they are welcome.
Make sure you are looking at the total situation, balancing the needs of your pet and your family when planning your vacation. You don't need the stress of worrying about your pet and your pet doesn't need to be stressed by being in a new and unfamiliar place.
Call your pet sitter and talk about your options for boarding or home visits. At Malu Pet Bliss, we have you covered with free advice and a host of options to make your next business trip or vacation a happy time for all.